Table of content
(Software Engineer - Backend)
Feb 2023 - Aug 2023 (7 mos)
- Mentored a fellow engineer, providing guidance and better solution suggestions.
- Improved integration testing flow enabling developers to seed and cleanup test data with ease. Reducing lines of code to write tests by half.
- Implemented scalable bulk upload products feature that can import multiple data points for products using serverless framework.
- Enhanced pricing feature adding price markups, tiered pricing and cost configurations; allowing merchants to update price and automatically propagated to all micro-stores.
- Enabled data collection for merchants from their customers in checkout flow using custom data fields.
(Full Stack Engineer)
Jan 2022 - Feb 2023 (1 year, 2 mos)
- Optimized Kanban board performance and memory usage (from linear space complexity to constant space complexity), enabling smooth user interaction and experience even when there are thousands of items inside the board.
- Extracted and deployed a micro service from legacy monolith codebase, allowing easier maintenance and faster development speed.
- Developed project templates, starter templates, and pinned task features in a timely manner.
- Developed and modified complex features on the platform with little or no regression.
- Navigated through complex and legacy codebase to identify performance bottlenecks and implemented optimization solutions.
Jan 2020 - Aug 2021 (1 year, 8 mos)
- Revamped and extended a social commerce platform (using Node.js and React.js) which integrates with Facebook API and enables SME users to sell products via Facebook Messenger.
- Developed live chat plugin (using React.js) that can be used on websites even without React.js.
- Built an analytics solution for the social commerce platform (with Node.js and open-source data visualization library) which enables users to gain insight into their storefronts.
- Coded an AI-driven feature that delivers automated responses, on behalf of businesses, to customers’ queries, and enables businesses to improve AI models iteratively using real-world conversations over time.
- Worked on the AI management server which allows businesses to deploy their own models instantly on the dashboard, and automatically scales those models depending on the usage.
- Ensured product quality through rapid iterations of the development process
- Implemented Event-Driven Architecture for storing user activity logs.
- Solved N+1 problems and implemented IAM on GraphQL server.
May 2019 - Nov 2019 (7 mos)
- Developed backend system for ERP solutions using Laravel and MySQL.
- Built a location tracking feature for the delivery management platform by integrating with Firebase and Google Map‘s API.
- Designing DB schema for ERP systems that fit business needs.
- Ensuring consistency and robustness for cascading writes across multiple tables.
- Writing and debugging complex and performant queries that span across multiple tables.
- Designing REST APIs for multiple platforms including web, android and ios.
Dec 2018 - Feb 2019 (3 mos)
- Reviewed code for a project to learn about code architecture, coding styles from senior developers.
- Collaborated with senior developers in debugging process and removing dead code.
- Developed a blog app (with Nuxt.js and Laravel) to put my learned skills into use.